Wednesday, February 26, 2014

challenge accepted, nay sayers.

After my last post about not eating all the disgusting crap the food industry has been trying to pass off as nutritious, I received a lot of positive feedback and also some seriously deluded folks telling me it isn't possible to eat that way while busy with work and kids. Well ye of little faith, challenge accepted. For the month of March, my family and I will be going as close to completely unprocessed as possible. There will be no boxes of pasta, store bought bread, crackers, cookies, etc. I will be making all snacks, sweets, and meals. No more convenience food for the toddler. No more passing off half a box of crackers as lunch for myself. It's go time.

Over the course of the next month, I will post recipes, complete with pictures (woot, woot!) as well as tips and tricks I have learned along the way to make this process a bit easier. I will be shattering the theory that it can't be done while busy with a family. I have a two year old and a five month old. Game on. Granted, I am a stay at home mom with a side personal training venture, however, I don't find myself with excess time while sitting on the couch channel surfing and eating chocolate. I'm busy, too. So...I will be making it work. I don't think it will be super easy, but it will be possible.

My goal is to cleanse the family in March and then continue with a less strict, feasible way of living for the years to come. I will write down if I notice behavior improvements in myself, the husband, and toddler. I will write down things that work, things that don't, and things that are just plain ridiculous and should be left to buy at the store or Farmer's Market.

Just for fun...here is the family that will start down the road to unprocessed in mere days.

No comments:

Post a Comment