Saturday, March 1, 2014

one down, thirty to go!

Alright, folks, we've made it to child bed time with zero processed foods! Well, we use soy "cheese" because Norah (girl child) can't eat dairy, but every thing else is completely unprocessed. And she is the only one who eats that nasty cheese. Normally we do goat cheese in place of cow cheese, but tonight it was soy cheese. On a pizza. With homemade crust.

Anyhow, the day started with baking, lots of baking. I made two loaves of bread, crackers, hummus, fake Larabars, and pizza dough. By some miracle of some power higher than myself, Frank (boy child) decided to take a two and a half hour nap this morning! This allowed Matt (husband) to entertain Norah so I could get my freak on in the kitchen.

Everything turned out quite well. The crackers were so nice and easy to roll that I just made another batch to be the pizza dough this evening. It was pretty good, minus the disgusting fake cheese. That stuff is soy disgusting..ha..pun.

As the day passed, Matt wanted some clearer guidelines on my one month mission. Things that are boxed and packaged are allowed to be consumed as long as the ingredients listed are exactly what the product claims to be. For example, I bought a bag of organic apple chips from Costco, the ingredients: Organic Apples. It's all the added weird stuff I don't want in the house this month. Words I can't pronounce or don't belong in my body are out.

We are going to be eating out with some friends tomorrow, and that brought about a bunch of new questions from Matt. As long as it isn't a fast food place or chain restaurant, I feel like that's okay. I don't trust McDonald's or Chevy's, but I do trust the small places that actually make the food in house.

Last night was our final processed dinner, so I went all out and junked the hell out of our bodies with this beauty:


Here's to tomorrow going just as well as today! Keep checking in and I'll have recipes and workouts and all sorts of wonderful unprocessed things for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment